We are currently hiring in our AP Department. Please reach out to us if you are interested in this exciting opportunity!
The Accounts Payable Associate processes payables by verifying transactions in compliance with and in support of SX Business, its clients and customers. AP responsibilities include processing invoices received for payment, processing the payment to creditors in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. Additional projects and tasks in support of SX company business operations and SX client projects. This position is located in Norwood, MA office.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs day to day administration of client payment cycle activities and provide efficient client service to SX team members, SX clients, and related third parties.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Keep track, process and reconcile payments and expenditures, including purchase orders, invoices, statements, checks refund requisitions, etc in compliance with financial policies and accounting procedures.
- Ensure correct approval, sorting, coding, uploading, and matching of invoices/receipts. Tabulate data and compile necessary reports
- Process vendor invoices, assign general ledger codes, data entry, and reconciliation of invoices.
- Accurately manage check runs, maintain records, general ledgers, inventory files and filing systems
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies, assist in month end close
- Other clerical duties that include but not limited to mailing, scanning, copying, filing, and data entry.
- 1-2 years of accounts payable work experience
- MRI, Yardi, Real Page experience preferred
- General knowledge of accepted accounting principles
- Proficient in Excel and MS Office skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and prioritize work tasks
- Proficient in data entry with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and manage effective AP processing through the monthly peak periods
- Experience with accounting software and database programs including Yardi and/or Nexus strongly preferred
- Able to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Job Type: Full-time